Primary Extension and Challenge (PEAC) Program
Primary Extension and Challenge (PEAC) is a part-time program for public school children in Years 5 and 6. Children are tested in Year 4 and are selected to participate in a range of innovative and challenging programs offered in a variety of ways. Children are withdrawn from regular class to attend PEAC programs.
PEAC programs offer children:
- the opportunity to socially interact with other gifted and talented children
- an intellectually rigorous and challenging program
- opportunities to interact with practising experts
- the opportunity to develop higher order process skills and in-depth investigation skills
- the opportunity to work on open-ended activities which encourage choice and negotiation
- self/peer evaluation and reflection of performance.